Job Description – Mental Healthcare Receptionist
Seeking Mental Healthcare Receptionist!
Alterity Psychological Services (Alterity) is the benchmark for family-centered compassionate holistic care, incorporating mind, body, and community. We are seeking a friendly, professional, energetic, and organized Mental Healthcare Receptionist to join our growing team.
In this role, you will work at the front desk and assist our clinicians, patients, and other visitors. Your primary job duties will include answering phones, greeting and checking in patients, answering questions, collecting patient co-pays, protecting patient confidentiality, processing paperwork, and scheduling appointments. You will also ensure our office provides a welcoming environment for our patients and a smooth flow of information between patient and provider.
A love for our Whidbey Island community is what drives us. We at Alterity are proud to care for the community that supports us, our first responders who keep us safe, our veterans and active-duty military who protect us and their families who support them. We are in search of a Mental Healthcare Receptionist that is just as committed to our mission as every other provider and employee. As the front desk receptionist, you will be the first face many encounter at Alterity and, as such are expected to operate with the highest degree of professionalism, discretion, and competency.
- Greet patients as they come into the clinic in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Assist patients in checking in while paying close attention to detail and accuracy in entering patient demographics and insurance information.
- Answer all phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Answer or refer inquiries.
- Optimize patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Complete accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Prepare outgoing mail and deliver to the post office.
- Keep patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival and informing patients of service delays.
- Comfort patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties and answering patients’ questions.
- Ensure availability of treatment information by storing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintain patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtain revenue by recording and updating financial information, recording and collecting patient charges, and provide billing company with requisite information for expediting third-party claims.
- Protect patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information in accordance with HIPAA and other confidentiality regulations.
- Use discretion while working with sensitive information.
- Work well under pressure and reacts effectively to unpredictable situations.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Protect providers’ by being aware of ethical and legal requirements related to the practice of mental health in Washington state.
- Problem solving
- Telephone skills
- Customer service
- Time management/scheduling
- Attention to detail
- Willing to ask questions rather than make assumptions
- Taking initiative
Education & Experience Requirements
- University/college degree (highly advantageous)
- Familiarity with phone systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Minimum 1 year professional experience in healthcare, priority given to prior professional mental healthcare experience.
- Familiarity with EHR/EMR systems (currently using AdvancedMD)
- Working knowledge of mental health terminology, HIPAA regulations, ICD and CPT coding (highly advantageous)
Compensation & Schedule
- Starting wage $14/hour with opportunity for growth
- Full-time position, seasonal through April 2022 with potential for permanent position
- Hours: weekdays 8:30am to 5:30 pm (office is closed 12-1 daily)
- Most major holidays off without pay
- Health insurance available
- English (native-level fluency required)
- Spanish (preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please apply below and submit a current resume.
Click Here to Begin the Application Process
Alterity Psychological Services is the benchmark for compassionate and holistic family-centered care, incorporating mind, body, and community
Alterity Psychological Services
1051 NE 7th Avenue
Oak Harbor, WA 98277